Ronseal Ultimate Protection Decking Oil
- Coverage : 8m² per litre
- Dry Time : 24 hours (rainproof in 90 minutes)
- Apply using a brush or decking pad
- Matt finish
- For use on exterior ridged or smooth hardwood and softwood decking
- Water based
Out of stock.
Ronseal Ultimate Protection Decking Oil provides superior, natural looking protection, for a longer lasting finish. The unique formula penetrates deeper into the wood to provide increased durability. Providing a lightly tinted finish it will give double the weather resistance and foot traffic protection versus standard decking oils. Unique, water-based Linseed Oil technology, colours and waterproofs your deck in one easy step.
Gives a more natural look to your deck and is rainproof in 90 minutes, recoat in 4 hours. Primarily for use on pre-treated decking.
Untreated, weathered decking:
For untreated grey and weathered wood, use Ronseal Decking Restorer to restore the deck's natural colour and provide a sound base for application which ensures the oil penetrates effectively.
Previously finished decking:
Use Ronseal Decking Cleaner and Reviver to remove any dust, grease, oil, mildew, algae and other contaminants. Remove any loose, flaking or peeling coatings. To avoid patchiness, and if using a contrasting colour, make sure you remove all previous finishes using Ronseal Decking Stripper. Ensure cut ends are adequately protected using Ronseal Decking End Grain Preserver.
New decking should be allowed to weather naturally (usually 6 months). This will make sure any pre-treatment has eroded allowing the stain to penetrate and adhere to the deck. Clean the deck with Ronseal Decking Cleaner and Reviver using a scrubbing brush to open the pores of the wood and remove any contamination from the manufacture of the timber. Rinse thoroughly with clean water ideally using a pressure washer. Allow to dry fully before over coating.
Test effectiveness of the cleaning by splashing the deck with water. If beading occurs, re-clean. Retest before applying any oil. The shade label indicates approximate colour only. It is recommended that you test a small area to determine the final colour which may be influenced by the texture, grain, colour, porosity, type of wood and any previous treatment.
- Give the can a shake continuously for a couple of minutes. Pour the oil into a suitable container and dip in your brush or applicator pad. Check you’re happy with the colour. Find a small hidden patch of wood and try it. Remember, the shade label is only an indicator of the colour.
- Start in the furthest corner, brushing along the length of the boards. Work on 3-4 boards at a time so you don’t get any overlap marks.
- You’ll need to put on 2 coats. Leave 4 hours between each coat. After 24 hours you’ll be able to get your furniture out and use the deck.
- If you get any oil on yourself, wash it off with warm soapy water.
And that’s it! Your decking is now oiled and healthy.
Regularly cleaning your decking will not only keep it looking good, but it’ll keep it in a good condition too. Use a stiff brush to remove dirt, grime, dust, algae, mildew and anything else that ruins the aesthetics of your deck.
Repairing your deck is really easy and doesn’t take much effort. Just sand down the damaged area and apply a coat of the oil and your decking will be good as new.