The Ronseal One Coat Damp Seal permanently blocks damp stains on walls and ceilings. You can even put it onto damp walls. It lets trapped moisture escape without causing anymore damage. When it's dry you can paint or wallpaper over it.
BEFORE YOU START Make sure the cause of damp has been fixed. Open your doors and windows for ventilation and put down dustsheets to protect anything you don't want to get paint on. Preparation: Remove any wallpaper with a scraper and sand off any loose or flaking paint. Make sure the area you are painting is clean, if you've got mould, get rid of it with our 3-in-1 Mould Killer. You can paint onto damp surfaces, just make sure they're not dripping wet.
USING YOUR DAMP SEAL Give the paint a really good stir, then use a roller or brush to put it on. If you're covering a small damp patch, make sure you are painting at least 30cm around the area. It'll be touch dry in 2 hours. After 4 hours it'll be ready to paint or wallpaper over. If the area is prone to mould, you can paint over it with our 6 Year Anti-Mould Paint.
Before you start
Before you cover up the damp, you should always make sure that the cause of the damp has been fixed. Covering it up won’t address the root problem!
- Open your doors and windows for added ventilation and put down dustsheets to protect anything you don’t want to get paint on.
- Remove any wallpaper with a scraper or, if the wall is painted, sand off any loose or flaking paint.
- If there is mould, tackle it with mould killer otherwise, use a cloth and white spirit to wipe down and clean the wall.
You can apply the seal directly onto a damp surface, so long as it’s not dripping wet.
- Thoroughly stir the paint to ensure it’s well mixed.
- Use a roller or brush to apply it to the affected area. If it’s only a small damp patch, paint at least 30cm around the area so the damp won’t creep elsewhere.
- The seal will be touch dry in only two hours. After four hours you will be able to paint or wallpaper over the damp area.
Our One Coat Damp Seal isn’t designed to be a top coat of paint so you will need to cover over it with paint or wallpaper.
Brushes or rollers can be cleaned with white spirit